Thursday, April 30, 2009

Love is...

When My Beloved and I began talking on a regular basis two years ago, I felt the need to apologize for the hurt and pain my choices of 23 years ago had caused him.

I believe intent is everything and that all desisions we make affect those around us. What makes the diffrence in our sinning or not is whether we are honestly doing what is best for us or trying to hurt someone.

Becoming pregnant changed everything including circumstances that I could or could not live with while raising our child. I chose to leave Virginia and came home to Ohio. I know how this affected me so I also know how it affected him.

Leaving him was the hardest thing I ever did, but I did what I had to do. Knowing that I hurt him deeply was the regret I carried. When I apologized, he said, "I don't want you to be sorry. When you love someone, really love someone, you let things go."

For the first time in my life, I saw 1 Corinthians 13:7 in action. This man truly knew what the definition of love is~ The way he loves me inspires me to be a better person and causes me to trust him with my whole heart. It makes me love him back!

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.


From Bible Gateway. The Message Bible.

1 comments:

Mike Golch said...

Great posting.

Post a Comment

I am so thrilled you came by and would love to hear from you!

If you don't want to come back to this same blog entry, just check-mark the box that states "email follow-up comments" so you can see my response to your comments.